Drama School: Performing Arts - Acting (in German language)
THE WEST UNIVERSITY OF TIMISOARA - ROMANIA
Faculty of Music and Theatre
Performing Arts – Acting (Romanian and German)
Department of Acting in German Language
Piaţa Libertãţii 1
RO - 300077 TIMIŞOARA / România
Telefon / Fax: +40-(0)256-592654
Courses for the vocation of professional actor in German language are conducted at the Department of Performing Arts - Acting in German Language, within The Faculty of Music and Theatre at the West University of Timisoara (www.fmt.uvt.ro).
Number of study places:
10 study places per semester in the German department (6 state-financed study places and 4 fee-paying study places)
Duration of studies:
three years (6 semesters) BA
acting (speciality), improvisation, scenic movement, dance, speech, voice, theatre history, drama history and aesthetics (all in German)
The Department of Performing Arts - Acting in German Language within The Faculty of Music and Theatre at the West University of Timisoara was founded in 1992 with the main goal of training professional actors first and foremost for the German language stages in Romania – in Timisoara and Sibiu. A central role in training is played by the discovery and development of the artistic persona through improvisation exercises, staging of epic texts, increasingly difficult stage and role studies, studio staging and public shows, as well as theatrical practice. For many years there has been a close collaboration with The German State Theatre Timisoara, the German Cultural Centre Timisoara and the German Consulate in Timisoara. Professors from German speaking countries offer permanently workshops for the acting students.
Bilateral exchanges and cooperations:
- ERASMUS+ bilateral exchange with the Perfoming Arts - Acting departments from:
A-GRAZ 03, Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst Graz; A-LINZ 17, „Anton Bruckner” Privatuniversität für Musik, Schauspiel und Tanz; A-WIEN 52, Musik und Kunst Privatuniversität der Stadt Wien; D ESSEN 02, Folkwang Universität der Künste; D-OTTERSB02, Hochschule für Künste im Sozialen Ottersberg
- participation in international student festivals and acting schools meetings in Bern, Chemnitz, Essen, Graz, Hanover, Potsdam, Rostock, Vienna
Student productions present at international festivals:
unterbrochene Spiel by Tadeusz Rozewicz, Director: Stefan-Andrei Darida,
PhD – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger
Schauspielstudenten, Rostock, 1999.
* Der Misanthrop by Molière. Director: Ildikó Jarcsek-Zamfirescu – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger Schauspielstudenten, Potsdam, 2000.
* Endstation Ionesco, Collage after texts of Eugène Ionesco, selection Rares Hontzu, Director: Ida Gaza – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger Schauspielstudenten, Bern, 2001.
* Trockne Erde unendlicher Nächte, after texts of Federico Garcia Lorca, Director: Enikö Benczö – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger Schauspielstudenten, Essen 2002.
* Escurial by Michel de Gelderode, Director: Stefan-Andrei Darida PhD – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger Schauspielstudenten, Graz, 2003.
* Die Schmiede by Milos Nikolic, Director: Stefan-Andrei Darida, PhD and Enikö Benczö – participation at the Theatertreffen Deutschsprachiger Schauspielstudenten, Hannover, 2004.
* Die kahle Sängerin by Eugène Ionesco, Director: Sütö-Udvari András, PhD – participation at the cultural project „Europäische Kulturbegegnung Banat-Oberösterreich“, Grein, 2005.
*Spiomi by Lev Kazarnovskis, Director: Simona Vintilă – participation at the NONSTOP Festival 2015, Internationales Schauspiel-Studententreffen, Chemnitz, 2015.
*Botho Strauß meets August Strindberg, Collage after texts of A. Strindberg and B. Strauß, selection Simona Vintilă, Director: Simona Vintilă – participation at the NONSTOP Festival 2016, Internationales Schauspiel-Studententreffen, Chemnitz, 2016.
*The Lesson by Eugène Ionesco, Director: Simona Vintilă – participation at the NONSTOP Festival 2015, Internationales Schauspiel-Studententreffen, Chemnitz, 2018.
Professor Eleonora Ringler-Pascu, PhD
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
STUDY INFORMATION FOR ROMANIAN and EU-CITIZENS
a) Admission for academic year 2018/2019
Candidates must inscribe for an entrance exam in July or September (for the exact date of the exam and application deadline please visit www.fmt.uvt.ro)
Entrance exam consists of:
*recital (5 poems): one German ballad, one fable, one philosophical poem, one poem of force, one lyrical poem
* one monologue (tragic or comic)
* one short story (tragic or comic)
Music and rhythm aptitudes will also be tested. The applicants will be asked to perform improvisation exercises together, in order to test their spontaneity and adaptability to given stage situations.
High school graduation exam GPA – for applicants who graduated in Romania – accounts for 10% of the entrance exam grade.
b) Conditions for admission
* high school graduation with diploma
* very good knowledge of German, at least B1
* passing the entrance exam
c) Tuition fees
* for Romanian and EU-citizens, there is a number of state-financed study places (6 places)
* the other admitted applicants may opt, in order of the entrance exam grades, for a fee-paying study place (4 places, currently 10.000 RON/year).
STUDY INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN CITIZENS
THE WEST UNIVERSITY OF TIMIȘOARA
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS OFFICE
· E-mail: international@e-uvt .ro
· Telefon: 0040-256-592324
For further information on the Department of Performing Arts - Acting in German Language we are at your service:
Prof. Eleonora Ringler-Pascu, PhD